Sunday, October 14, 2007

7 1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners.


We are always learning. Become a proactive learner. Take a class, become involved in your community, take up a sport, join a book group, read. Atitude is everything when it comes to learning. Accept responsibility for your learning. Have confidence in what you do, mistakes can present you with a challenge that might lead you in a new exciting direction.


Technology can present you with the tools to make learning fun and interesting. KRL2pt0 is presenting us with some tools we can use in our work and private lives. One of the best ways to really learn something well is to teach it. Teach a class on knitting, a foriegn language, using the KRL Library Catalog, or coach a childrens sports team.

Set up a contract with yourself. What is your learning goal or goals? What do you need for tools to acomplish your goal? Do you need help? Who can give you that help?

Don't forget to make learning fun through play. Keep an open mind and let the learning begin.

2 comments:

Cronehenge said...

Hey, Paulette! I LOVE listening to birds when I am out in the morning walking, or just waking up.

I really enjoyed the picture of the garden of sunflowers left by the birds around the feeder...very nice!

I hope you get time to blog some more. I liked what you said about learning and learning by teaching. I also bookmarked the Cornell link you posted.

I have many things to thank you for today, don't I? Gee whiz, THANKS!

dulcigal said...

Heyho! I have sunflower envy. Snails ate all my little sunflower sprouts this year. All of them. Lovely photos...sigh...